ACNE SCAR TREATMENT
With each scar having its own characteristics, acne scarring truly does not have a one-treatment-fits-all solution. Although each treatment option works to create a collagen induction response, there are a few factors that need to be respected in order to achieve the most optimal results.With each scar having it’s own characteristics, this truly is not a one treatment fits all approach. Although each treatment option works to create a collagen induction response, there are a few factors that need to be respected in order to achieve the most optimal results.
Acne Scars can present in a few different ways.
- Indented “ice pick” scars which appear as tiny holes in the affected area. Rolling acne scars appear more like rolling hills on the skin surface with larger indents and raised areas.
- Indented scars located on the chin and lower corners of the mouth can be more apparent as we age and the skin begins to become more lax. This creates a dimpling effect on the skin where old scar tissue resides. The objective in treating each type of scar is to build collagen and density within the damaged tissue. This is like filling in or patching the holes.
- Pigmented and Erythemic (Red) acne scars are formed when inflammation and melanin post acne lesions end up trapped within the damaged cells and remain there until it surfaces and is exfoliated away. This can take several months to fully resolve if not treated.
Ice Pick and Rolling Scars Scars
Rolling scars perform best with Fotona’s fractionated Erbium laser treatment. Fotona technology has the capacity to fractionally ablate the skin and refine uneven texture, while sending heat to travel further into the skin (beyond the ablated tissue) which results in an increased collagen response and builds stronger more uniform tissue. In some cases, a second pass of a microscopic cold ablation laser may be necessary to smooth the edges of the scar, leaving a visibly smoother result in the appearance of the affected area.
Pigmented and Erythemic Acne Scars
What To Expect
- Little to no downtime
- Simple procedure with little to no discomfort
- Quick non-invasive treatment sessions
Excellent Scar Removal outcomes